One of the most crucial areas of carpet maintenance is removal of spots and spills. When anything is dropped or spilled it is of the utmost importance to act quickly. You should always have the necessary cleaning materials you may need on hand. [franchise] uses special professional cleaning agents designed for use with your wool carpets.
Frequent vacuuming is a wool carpet’s best friend.
- The best type of vacuum for cut pile carpet is an upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush. To prevent excessive fuzz, a suction-only vacuum may be required for loop pile Berber carpets. Your vacuum cleaner dust bag should be emptied when half full.
- Exercise prevention maintenance by placing absorbent mats at the most frequently used entrances to your home. Launder or change when these mats become dirty. The filters in your air conditioning and heating systems should be changed regularly.
- Periodically clean the areas in front of frequently used chairs and traffic lanes.
- Keep paper towels or absorbent cloth and cleaning solutions on hand for quick response to accidents and spills.
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments which contain any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.) When having your wool carpet professionally cleaned by Rainier Chem-Dry , ask about our Wool Safe® products.