Eight Steps to Properly Cleaned Carpets
Here at Rainier Chem-Dry, we think that keeping your carpets clean is like working out: Once you embrace a routine, you’ll start to see great results – and you’ll feel better about yourself and your Tacoma home.
A carpet cleaning routine starts with proper technique. Understanding the right way to clean your carpet – and knowing which products to use – will help you do the job right the first time. Follow these easy steps, and you’ll be off to a great start:
- Make sure your vacuum is CRI-approved, meaning that it cleans, and uses energy, efficiently.
- Vacuum at the right frequency: weekly in light traffic areas, twice weekly in areas with medium traffic, and daily in high traffic areas.
- Slowly and steadily vacuum your carpet in two directions; this will help to ensure that loose dirt and soils are brushed up and thoroughly vacuumed out.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that will not damage the carpet or cause it to re-soil more quickly. Chem-Dry’s world-famous Spot Remover is a wonderful choice that will help to keep your carpets looking great as well as meet the warranty requirements of their manufacturer.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets at least every 12-18 months. Choose a service that employs a low moisture system, so the padding underneath doesn’t get wet; make sure all cleaning solutions are safe, non-toxic, and leave no dirt-attracting residues. (Or just call us!)
- Use indoor and outdoor mats or runners to decrease the amount of dirt that enters the home.
- Asking everyone to remove their shoes when entering your home; this will save wear and tear on your carpet.
- Change your air filters in your HVAC systems as recommended by the manufacturer; the more particles removed by the filter, the less that will remain to fall onto your carpet.